The Tower Foundation offers opportunities to apply for funding through our three portfolios: Programs & Services, Strengthening Partner Capacity, and Community Change. The Foundation considers grant requests that align with its Mission, Focus Areas, and Geographic Focus. Please read the guidelines below for important information on eligibility, deadlines, and instructions.
New in 2023:
- We have eliminated the waiting period between receiving a Strengthening Partner Capacity grant and reapplying in a later cycle, though the Foundation may give preference to organizations that have not received a grant award recently.
- We are pausing new Community Change grantmaking for 2023. We intend to use the year to clarify the goals, scope, scale, and types of projects we will fund through the Community Change portfolio. Existing Community Change grant partners should contact your Program Officer if you anticipate needing an extension.
1. Review Grant Guidelines for Portfolios
For information on eligibility, deadlines, and instructions, download the 2023 grant guidelines for the portfolio you wish to review. Applicants may only apply to one portfolio per deadline. For instance, if an organization applies for a Programs and Services grant in one cycle, they cannot submit for a Community Change grant during that same cycle.
|Programs and Services Guidelines – 2023||PDF (2 Pages)||Download|
|Strengthening Partner Capacity Guidelines – 2023||PDF (2 Pages)||Download|
|Community Change Guidelines – 2023 (no new grants in 2023)||PDF (3 Pages)||Download (paused)|
2. Target a Grant Cycle
The Tower Foundation is resuming two of its customary portfolio grant cycles in 2023. Our approach is highly collaborative and is designed to facilitate faster decision timelines (generally three months or less).
2023 PROGRAMS & SERVICES
GRANT APPLICATION TIMELINE
|Preliminary Grant Requests Due||Wed, February 1||Wed, August 2|
|Clarification Calls (if needed)||Feb 23 – Mar 13||Aug 21 – Sept 6|
|Full Proposal Invitations Sent (Programs & Services Only)||Wed, Mar 15||Wed, Sept 13
|Collaborative Proposal Review (Programs & Services Only)||Mar 16 – Apr 26||Sept 14 – Oct 25|
|Decision Notification (Programs & Services Only)||Wed, May 24||Wed, Nov 22|
2023 STRENGTHENING PARTNER CAPACITY**
GRANT APPLICATION TIMELINE
|Application Deadline||Wed, Jan 11||Wed, May 17||Wed, Sept 20|
|Decision Notification||Wed, Feb 22||Wed, June 28||Wed, Nov 1|
** New in 2023: We have eliminated the waiting period between receiving a Strengthening Partner Capacity grant and reapplying in a later cycle, though the Foundation may give preference to organizations that have not received a grant award recently.
3. Read Application Resources
The following application previews provide an overview of the application process for each portfolio. For more details, and to get started on your preliminary application, login to the online grants portal.
|Programs & Services Application Preview||Download Word (6 pages)||Download PDF (6 pages)|
|Strengthening Partner Capacity Application Preview||Download Word (2 Pages)||Download PDF (2 Pages)|
- Read Grant Guidelines for Portfolio
- Select a Grant Cycle
- Review Application Resources
- Submit Online Application through the Grants Portal
If you would like to discuss a potential grant application, we invite you to contact a Program Officer by email or phone call. Find contact information within our Staff Directory or click here to schedule a call.